- Main Video
We require a high quality video file of your title, which you can easily and securely upload via the KinoNation Upload Manager.
Same specs as 1.
Once you start uploading you’ll see the metadata forms to input all data required to distribute your film. Metadata includes: title, release dates, synopsis, sales pitch, genres, company info, copyright, festivals & awards, rating, etc. We’ve designed it to be comprehensive, intuitive and simple.
- Images for Single Works (films)
The metadata ingest includes 4 different sized poster images required by various video-on-demand platforms. JPEG or PNG. Ensure title art readable at small size.
- 3×4 poster image – Minimum 1575 x 2100 pixels
- 2×3 poster image – Minimum 1400 x 2100 pixels
- 16×9 landscape image – Minimum 2048 x 1152 pixels
- 16×6 landscape image – Minimum 2048 x 768 pixels
- Images for Episodic (TV, web series, etc.)
JPEG or PNG. Ensure title art readable title name at small size.
- 4x3 poster image for overall series or season - Minimum 1600x1200
- 16×9 landscape image for overall series or season– Minimum 2048 x 1152 pixels
- optional 4x3 image for each episode - Minimum 1600x1200 (no title or episode number)
For non-English films, or films with any non-English dialogue, we require English subtitles uploaded as a separate .SRT file – not burned into the image.
- Closed Captions – English language films
For all English language films, we require Closed Captions in the main audio language of the film, uploaded as a separate .SRT file. Most VOD outlets (e.g. iTunes, Amazon Prime, all cable VOD) will NOT accept films without captions. We define Closed Captions as Subtitles plus atmospherics, i.e. the dialog plus references to other significant audio, noises, sound effects - for example “sound of gunshots outside”.
- Closed Captions – Non-English language films
For all Non-English language films, we require English subtitles uploaded as a separate .SRT file.
- Getting Paid – in order to pay you we need the following: i. PayPal email address ii. IRS form W-9 (U.S. residents) or IRS form W-8BEN (non-U.S. residents)
Have more questions? Submit a request